Greetings and Salutations!
My name is Diane Whyatt and I have been working with and caring for animals both personally and professionally for most of my life. My love for animals began at a very young age. Growing up as part of many packs has taught me how to respect all of them as individuals, with personalities as unique as they each were. I was lucky enough to be part of packs that have included German Shepherds, Saint Bernards, Cairn Terriers and Poodles along with other types of pets. Naturally, my love affair grew to include cats, birds, lizards, snakes, guinea pigs, rabbits and many more.
Early on, I began working for Curious World and V.I. Pets. This eventually evolved into a job with Chow Hound and also earned me the title of Assistant Manager. During my employment with these companies I began to service their patrons on a more personal level by performing some pet sitting for them as a side job. Providing this service only intensified my longing to continue working with pets in this capacity.
Eventually my pet care background landed me in a position working for Woodland Veterinary Clinic as a kennel assistant here in Grand Rapids, Michigan. While with Woodland I had even obtained an ABKA Pet Care Technician certificate.
My duties at Woodland included:
- Daily feeding, medicating, and cleaning of all animals in current residence.
- Administer daily medical exams of veterinary patients. (TPR) Temperature, pulse, and respiratory.
- Daily monitoring of weight, appetites, and general health of all animals in current residence.
- Educate clients on animal diet needs.
- Several times weekly perform direction and operation of doggy daycare.
- Other duties included kennel cleaning as well as boarding facilities.
Also in my past are a host of continuing educational events and seminars which include:
- Various other seminars from dealing with difficult customers to dealing with the death of a pet.
Currently my pack includes two rescue pups. Luna Lou a Great Dane and Ziggy Lee a Cattle Dog. I have a Quaker Parakeet named Chick and a beautiful song bird canary named Ruffles. My favorite hobby is keeping fish and African Clawed Frogs. I breed fancy guppies and really love my 8 frogs. 13 aquariums total in my household .